- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Fruitnet Media International Group entity with which you are interacting.
- ‘the site’ means the relevant Fruitnet website you are visiting or engaging with; and
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, registering for our events or services or visiting relevant Fruitnet event sites.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register to attend one of our events or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
- Information we collect about you - we will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
- We may collect, for the purposes of any events that we operate badged access for, information about your location in and engagement with the event. For example, for certain events, access will be granted via a badge which holds your registration details including personal information. You will be required to use your badge to gain access to the event. In this situation we will collect information about when you enter the event and which sponsors/exhibitors you have engaged with.
- We may collect information about you visiting our events websites and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies.
- Information we receive from third parties: We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
You agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services or information that you have requested from us such as attendance at one of our events.
- To contact you with information about an event that you’re attending.
- To keep in contact with you about other events or services of ours that we believe may interest you.
- To share limited personal data with other attendees and connect attendees via our online networking application before, during and after the event you are attending.
- To share information with other entities within the Fruitnet Media International Group or other selected third parties, to enable them to contact you with information about goods or services that may interest you.
- To provide customer service and support, deal with enquiries or notify you of changes in relation to your attendance at one of our events, use of our site or other services.
- To carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general consumer engagement with our events, sites and services.
- We may collect information about you visiting our website and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more information on cookies please refer to paragraph 4 below.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all functions of our websites.
5. HOW WE DISCLOSE AND TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are not in the business of selling your personal data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your personal data to third parties. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer or share your personal data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- We may share your personal data with the selected third parties that we work with, where necessary for the purpose of delivering to you services such as event registration, online networking and email correspondence.
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property of safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
6. HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as the law otherwise permits.
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, you acknowledge that we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
7. YOUR RIGHTS TO THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You can request access to your personal data being stored by us at any time. You can also ask us to correct, update or delete any inaccurate personal data stored by us. Contact us by email at email@example.com.
It may take up to forty-eight hours for us to process an unsubscribe request.
8. YOUR CHOICES
- Limit the personal data you provide
If you choose not to provide any personal data or limit the personal data you provide, you may not be able to use functionality of the services (event registration, online networking).
- Opt-out from electronic communications
Fruitnet events may send you electronic communications marketing or advertising services themselves or events. You can ‘opt-out’ of receiving these electronic communications by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
Certain electronic communications from us are responsive to your requests. For example, we must email you your ticket when you register. By choosing to stop receiving all electronic communications from us you will no longer receive any updates on the events you have signed up for.
Fruitnet Media International Group